|Contact Sales | Visit Cognex.com|
The following error message (or similar) will occur during installation or uninstallation of VisionPro:
Error 1905.Module C:\Program Files\Cognex\VisionPro\bincogxstd.dll failed to unregister. HRESULT -2147220472. Contact your support personnel.
This is caused by "Data Execution Prevention". To work around this issue, disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP) while installing or uninstalling.
To tell if you have DEP enabled:
- Open System Properties.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Under the Performance section, click Settings.
- Select the Data Execution Prevention tab. If the buttons and the DEP settings are not grayed out, DEP is enabled.
To disable DEP:
- Verify the Administrator account is running for Windows XP.
- Right-click on My Computer and select Properties.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Select the Settings button under Startup and Recovery.
- Locate the line by the default operating system that reads: "Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
- Locate and change the boot.ini, by clicking on the Edit button, and then change /NoExecute=OptIn to /NoExecute=AlwaysOff.
- Save the file and reboot.
- After installation, change the boot.ini back to its original state, returning the added layer of security.
Knowledge Base last updated on 1/2/2019 at 4:29 PM