|Contact Sales | Visit Cognex.com|
I was trying to open the In-Sight help file (.CHM) to view the documentation, but I can't. How can I get the file to open?
There may be a variety of reasons that your file will not open. Please view the following to see which may pertain to you:
- If you cannot open the current HTML version, it is most likely because you have not installed the HHUPD.EXE file that is included in the install package. The HHUPD.EXE file updates a Windows NT system to be able to view an HTML help file (designated with the .CHM extension).
- Another reason may be that you are trying to open the file from the web. You will need to save the file to your local system and access it from there.
- If you continue to have issues opening the file that you downloaded from the web - even though it is saved locally - it may be due to some new Microsoft updates that flag the file as being harmful. There are two methods to bypass this issue:
- Double-click the .CHM file.
- In the Open File-Security Warning dialog box, click to clear the Always ask before opening this file check box.
- Click Open.
- Right-click the CHM file, and then click Properties.
- Click Unblock.
- Double-click the .chm file to open the file.
Knowledge Base last updated on 4/19/2019 at 7:55 AM